Sherpa is a fully funded startup operating out of Surry Hills providing On-Demand Delivery for individuals and businesses (think Uber for couriers). Sherpa is a small yet diverse group from France, Australia and Korea. We enjoy grabbing a beer together, ping pong and our weekly dart tournament.
Our tech team is small and what you build will make a difference to the business. We operate platforms across multiple domains with services written in Node, Ruby, Python and Golang. We use docker and deploy often. We have strong opinions and take ownership of the code we write but aren’t afraid to try new things or reconsider our positions.
We’re a scrappy startup so expect to be hacking interesting business problems besides in addition to our product such as scripting a new visualisation tool to help ops route drivers when things are busy or hacking together a new proof of concept in a few days for the sales team to take advantage of a new business opportunity.
- Build new products and features that improve our customers' lives
- Write high-performance, maintainable Ruby on Rails
- Investigate and fix bugs reported by our customers or drivers
- Participate in product/feature design and review sessions
- Maintain our application by upgrading dependencies and tackling tech debt
About the role
As a Ruby on Rails Developer at Sherpa, you will:
- Expert knowledge of Ruby and the Ruby on Rails web application development framework
- A demonstrated history (2+ years) of building, maintaining, and deploying production-ready Rails applications
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Writing test coverage for your features (RSpec)
- A passion for technical challenges and a history of thriving in team environments
What you'll need
We are looking for candidates who have the following:
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Generous options plan
- Macbook Pro
- Free Beer! (or wine if you’re into that)
- Surry Hills location - Close to Central station
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and we will get in touch with you soon.